Universal Orlando Resort and the Universal Orlando Foundation continue to support our community and make a positive impact by assisting with urgent needs during this very challenging time. Contributions to the Central Florida community include:
- Food Donations – Universal Orlando has donated several truckloads of food to Second Harvest Food Bank and other local non-profits providing daily meal servings in the Central Florida area. Universal Orlando and the Universal Orlando Foundation’s ongoing partnership program with Second Harvest Food Bank – Bites, Camera, Action! – has donated over 850 family food boxes equating to more than 12,000 meals to Central Florida food pantries, non-profits, schools, veteran centers, senior centers and the homeless.
- Medical Supplies and Equipment – Universal Orlando has donated supplies and equipment to front-line healthcare workers and organizations across Central Florida including 5,000 Tyvek Suits, more than 1,800 3D-printed face shield components and nearly 600 ear guards, as well as cloth masks. Team Members across Universal Orlando’s Parks Technology, Creative ATI, Creative Props and Models, Entertainment and Merchandise departments have all contributed to this effort.
- Poncho Donations – Universal Orlando has donated more than 12,000 ponchos to the City of Orlando, Orange County, Osceola County and Seminole County fire departments as critical PPE for first responders.
- Monetary Contributions and Grants – The UO Foundation has provided grants to the Central Florida community – giving more than $475,000 in funds to community partners and organizations like Second Harvest Food Bank, Heart of Florida United Way, Community Hope Center, Shepherd’s Hope and many more to help families and those in need during this time.
- Team Member Outreach – Team members from across Universal Orlando are creating and sending notes of encouragement to healthcare workers at Central Florida hospital systems, and are virtually volunteering in partnership with City Year Orlando and other organizations.